October 10, 2016
ACE Transition Update
To Our Valued Customers:
US Customs has rescheduled the October 29th ACE transition to January 2017. This mandatory ACE deployment includes liquidations, drawback, reconciliation, duty deferral, collections, statements, and the Automated Surety Interface.
To date, Protests, Lacey Act, FDA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), along with the following entry types, have completed transition and now required to be filed in ACE.
- 01 - Consumption
- 02 - Consumption Quota/Visa
- 03 - Consumption - Antidumping/Countervailing Duty
- 06 - Consumption - Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
- 07 - Consumption Antidumping/Countervailing Duty and Quota/Visa Combination
- 11 - Informal
- 12 - Informal Quota/Visa (other than textiles)
- 21 - Warehouse
- 22 - Re Warehouse
- 23 - Temporary Importation Bond (TIB)
- 31 - Warehouse Withdrawal Consumption
- 32 - Warehouse Withdrawal Quota
- 34 - Warehouse Withdrawal - Antidumping/Countervailing Duty
- 38 - Warehouse Withdrawal Antidumping/Countervailing Duty and Quota/Visa Combination
- 51 - Defense Contract Administration Service Region (DCASR)
- 52 - Government - Dutiable
The remaining Partner Government Agencies (PGA’s) are pending deployment (specific mandatory dates TBA).
- Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Remaining APHIS data (APHIS Core)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Enforcement and Compliance Commission (E&C)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
- Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)
- Foreign Agriculture Service (FAS)
- Office of Marine Conservation (OMC)
- Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA)
- Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Tariff Bureau (TTB)
For upcoming ACE deadlines and PGA updates, please visit US Customs and Border Protection ACE Mandatory Use Dates website.
Our #1 priority as always is to help maintain our customers’ competitiveness, to keep your cargo flowing as quickly and as consistently as possible, and to continue to communicate effectively along the way. Our nimbleness, market awareness, and “Built Different” philosophy enable us to do this - as your partner.
Thank you very much for all your support.
Have the News Delivered to you
Like what you see here? Why not let us send it directly to you?
Sign up to receive our Weekly Industry Newsletter, a compilation of all news articles that matter to you and your business.