CMA CGM unveils its new unmatched service offer, Ocean Alliance Day 4 product
Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Source: American Journal of Transportation
The CMA CGM Group has announced that Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, signed today with the executives of COSCO SHIPPING, Evergreen and OOCL the launch of Ocean Alliance Day 4 Product, which will further strengthen the CMA CGM Group’s service offer. The new offer will start in April 2020.
Through Ocean Alliance, CMA CGM offers its customers more port calls, more direct links and better transit times, thus reinforcing its competitiveness. With the Day 4 Product, the Group’s customers will benefit from an optimized, ever-more tailored service offering with:
• The use of 325 container ships, 112 of which will be operated by the CMA CGM Group, which continues to play a major role within the alliance
• 38 services
• An estimated carrying capacity of around 3.8 million TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit)
The evolution of the product Ocean Alliance highlights the commitment of CMA CGM to serve its customers even better:
• A comprehensive service offer on the Transpacific trade with 19 services,
• A strong offer between Asia and Europe with 7 services,
• A large offer between Asia and the Mediterranean with 4 services,
• 2 Transatlantic services linking North Europe to the East Coast of the United States and the Gulf of Mexico,
The only alliance offering 4 services between Asia and the Middle East, 2 Asia-Red Sea services.
On the occasion of this announcement, Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, stated: “One year after the extension of Ocean Alliance until 2027, the launch of the Day 4 Product will enable us to further strengthen the competitiveness and quality of CMA CGM’s offer. With this agreement, we are pursuing the continuous improvement of our services for the benefit of our customers.”