Customize A Solution To Address Changing Regulations
Online Tools Improving Visibility and Control
Challenges Our Client Faced
The Miscellaneous Trade Bill (MTB) passed by the US Congress in 2010 lowered duty rates for thousands of products and allowed importers to file for retroactive refunds. Our client had six months to understand the new rules, identify if any of its products were affected, then prepare and file claims for refunds.
Although it previously worked with five brokers, our client chose to work exclusively with Laufer because we offered:
- Expert knowledge of the harmonized tariff schedule and the regulatory environment
- A successful relationship with the company and a thorough knowledge of its product line
- In-depth understanding of how to take advantage of the MTB provisions that would affect the client’s products
Proactively analyzing both the MTB and our client’s product set, Laufer’s compliance and account teams identified several MTB provisions that would lower the duty rate on specific products. Laufer worked closely with the client to develop and deliver refund claim filings with six customs ports throughout the US, consulting with them on best ways to present the client’s claims.
The Laufer Difference
Laufer’s different approach gave our client a distinctive business advantage. Laufer offered the advantages of depth and breadth of resources while maintaining a client intimacy that focused on the insights and solutions our client needed. Laufer’s expertise enabled the team to:
- Understand the regulation and its implications to the client
- Investigate, identify, and take advantage of these provisions before they expired
- Effectively articulate the arguments, manage the process, and coordinate filings on the client’s behalf
- Ultimately secure refunds of more than $200,000 for the client
Laufer proved that its commitment to raise service to real customer intimacy and its ability to stay up to date with—even ahead of—changing regulations truly has its rewards.
Additional Case Studies
- Flexibility Through Choices
- Take Full Control With Custom Online Tools
- Innovative Solutions Help Improve Supply Chain Control
- Changing POVs On Purchase Order Visibility
- Identifying And Capturing Security Data Elements for ISF Compliance
- Improving Bottom Lines With Superior Service
- Lower Rates Aren't The Only Way To Reduce Exporting Costs