Improving Bottom Lines With Superior Service
Challenges Our Client Faced
This client had grown frustrated with constant issues of changing or limited space and equipment availabilities from various carriers. On a weekly basis, they faced challenges that negatively impacted their profit margin:
- Limited carrier options
- Waiting weeks for space and booking information
- Slow response times and inaccurate shipping information
The client chose to work with Laufer because our collaborative approach provides multiple service options and the flexibility needed to support significant shipping volumes. Our way of doing business allows the client to work with a real solutions partner rather than the lowest cost vendor. This ensures logistics supply chain issues are addressed at the source of the problem.
Laufer acted as a partner with the client to provide more than competitive rates. Laufer provided customized service that helped the client realize savings of time and money across multiple points along their logistics supply chain. We collaborated with the client to:
- Develop a “Sell Matrix” for their accounts so the client could easily reference their monthly sales
- Proactively track, monitor and update rate information on a monthly basis so we could provide a quick response to last minute shipping schedules
- Receive booking requests within 1-2 hours by pre-filing rates, and pre-booking key lanes in advance of requests
- Obtain Bills of Lading within 24-hours of sailing to assist the speed of their accounts receivables
- Reduce shipping costs from door to port-exit by recommending and providing alternative carrier options not available to them previously, and offering an additional rail option instead of long-haul trucks
The Laufer Difference
Laufer’s different approach gave this client distinctive business advantages. Through our expertise and integrated team philosophy, we provided local and regional logistic knowledge to remove the frustration of limited space and equipment options. Our ability to obtain Bill of Ladings in a short period of time created new opportunities for our client and allowed them to expedite payments for shipments. Our cost structure analysis of various service tiers, such as long-haul trucks compared to rail, contributed to reduced freight costs – and ultimately improved the client’s bottom line.
As a service-oriented logistics partner, we value the open and collaborative nature of our client. It allowed us to go beyond the basics of pricing, and helped us apply logistic supply chain solutions where they were needed most.
Additional Case Studies
- Flexibility Through Choices
- Take Full Control With Custom Online Tools
- Customize A Solution To Address Changing Regulations
- Innovative Solutions Help Improve Supply Chain Control
- Changing POVs On Purchase Order Visibility
- Identifying And Capturing Security Data Elements for ISF Compliance
- Lower Rates Aren't The Only Way To Reduce Exporting Costs