To reduce exporting costs you have to think different.
LOWER RATES AREN’T THE ONLY WAY TO REDUCE EXPORTING COSTS
Challenges Our Client Faced
Our new client continually faced a lack of shipping options in the Northeast region of the U.S. As a small to medium-sized exporter, they had grown accustomed to working with only one carrier. As a result, they routinely experienced difficulties:
- Securing space
- Scheduling equipment during busy times
- Finding new carrier options
The client chose to work with Laufer because flexibility, visibility and control are critical to an effective and efficient logistics supply chain. Our approach to logistics prioritizes solving supply chain problems with more than just lower exporter rates. Our way of working with customers is to fully understand their situation so we can provide solutions that actually address the problem – not only the symptom.
Laufer worked closely with the client to understand their frustrations with their current process and to pinpoint areas along their supply chain that could be improved. As a result, Laufer was able to provide multiple carrier options with new routes and lower rate structures. Specifically, we partnered with the client to:
- Source and secure new carrier options that provide better scheduling flexibility, more space availability and competitive rates
- Utilize chassis and containers with shorter routes from the factory to the port of loading for additional savings in time and transportation costs
The Laufer Difference
Laufer’s different approach helped this client overcome challenges that had continually limited their margins over a long period of time. Through our expertise and integrated team philosophy, we were able to view their entire supply chain network and identify specific areas that required new solutions. By finding multiple carrier options, we were able to help our client resolve long-standing problems with space and equipment availability and scheduling flexibility. We also helped them realize new, shorter routes to reduce transportation costs and save additional shipping time. All of which resulted in a new carrier with lower rate structures.
We are a logistics partner who values an open and collaborative relationship with our clients. As a service-oriented company, we believe our clients achieve the best results when we solve the problem with more than a lower rate. In doing so, we help our clients understand where the real problems are and apply logistic supply chain solutions to give them more flexibility, increased visibility and better control.
Additional Case Studies
- Flexibility Through Choices
- Take Full Control With Custom Online Tools
- Customize A Solution To Address Changing Regulations
- Innovative Solutions Help Improve Supply Chain Control
- Changing POVs On Purchase Order Visibility
- Identifying And Capturing Security Data Elements for ISF Compliance
- Improving Bottom Lines With Superior Service